Giardino Law focuses on the client experience. We want to make the Real Estate Closing Process as Convenient and Comfortable for you as we can.
We are able to complete your real estate losing virtually through a video conference call regardless of your location so long as the property is located in Alberta.
We are happy to help with your upcoming real estate purchase or sale. We have over 15 years experience in closing real estate transactions. It is all we do everyday and we are happy to offer this convenient document signing solution to our clients.
Buying or selling a home is likely one of the biggest financial transactions of your life. While we do offer this convenient solution, we also do think it is important to meet face to face and you are always welcome to meet in person at our office.
What you need to know about Virtual Signing of Real Estate Closing Documents
In light of the Covid 19 pandemic, it is not in the public interest to meet in person to sign documents required for Land Title Transactions in Alberta. The Government of Alberta is temporarily permitting land title documents such as Transfer of Lands and Mortgage Documents to be signed & witnessed remotely.
This is not an electronic or digital signature process. Original documents must be signed and witnessed by video conference and original signed wet ink signature documents must be returned to the lawyer by courier prior to the closing.
Our meeting will be through video-conference i.e live two way audio and video. The video conference will be recorded and I will be retaining a copy of the recording for my records.
The video platform being used has a high risk that your personal information may be intercepted or disclosed to third parties. I cannot control the safeguarding of your information through these platforms. This type of meeting is not secure in the same way as a private appointment at my office which by the way is preferred.
We are required to follow these rules in order to sign the documents virtually or do a remote signing of your real estate closing documents.
During the Meeting
- Please ensure you have a secure internet connection, preferrably a home network vs a public network.
- The entire meeting must be conducted in one session without interruption. We will have to restart the meeting if the session is interrupted.
- We must be able to see and hear one another throughout the video conference.
- You will be required to confirm that no one else is in the room with you and you will be required to provide a sufficient view of the location so I can identify who is present with you. Please be in a quiet place preferably with no children or pets present.
- You will be required to show the same ID you sent me prior to the meeting at the beginning of our meeting.
- You must have the printed package in front of you. I will have the identical copy on my screen. You will need to confirm that the documents you have printed match the documents on my screen by initialling the bottom right corner of each page.
- I must be able to see you actually sign the document. If you are able you must send a pdf version or photograph of the signed documents to me immediately after signing. Otherwise, you may hold up the page to show me that you have signed the document.
After the meeting
- The original documents must be returned to me by courier.
- I will send you copies of the documents completed with the remaining signatures.
Call us today at 780-473-7779 or email [email protected] to get started.