- Your lawyer represents you and will advocate for your interests above the interests of others, and even above their own.
- If there is an issue with your closing transaction, you can be assured that your lawyer will provide you with an evaluation of the issue, including any risks, so that you can make an informed decision that is best for you.
- Your lawyer is usually competent in all aspects of the home ownership process, so you can usually turn to them to answer any questions you might have.
With Giardino Law, you can expect us to…
- Be responsive and communicate with you effectively
- Give you clear information about:
- Fees: we will explain to you how you will be charged and when and how payment is expected.
- Services: Your lawyer will explain the service that they offer, what is included and not included.
- The steps involved in the process.
- Be accessible. Your lawyer is open to answer any questions that you have throughout the process.
- Be competent. If you choose a lawyer experienced in real estate conveyancing, they will be knowledgeable about all aspects of your transaction and they will be able to give you advice about any unusual situations.
- Be ethical. Lawyers are bound by the rules of our profession which include strong ethical obligations like keeping your information confidential, representing your interests above our own, and not breaking the law.
- Work according to a timeline. Often the lawyer’s role in the closing process doesn’t begin until just a couple of weeks before the possession date of your home. You should have confidence in knowing that we have systems in place to ensure that your purchase is completed efficiently and as scheduled. However you may have to move quickly to provide the lawyer with the information they need from you and be available to meet with your lawyer in person to sign the documentation.
Watch this video to listen to me talk about what you can expect as well as a mortgage and real estate professional offer their insights.